Fire protection is one of the most vital components of a building, and fire alarms are a part of that system. A fire alarm system in Dubai, UAE is a mandatory part of fire protection. These small units alarm the inhabitants of the building in case of a fire and give them time to get to safety. Although these units are a part of our daily lives, many people don’t understand the workings of a fire alarm system and how they can choose the perfect ones for their buildings. In this guide, we will look at the working of a fire alarm system and why it is a must-have component in both your commercial and residential buildings.
The Role of A Fire Alarm System
The fire alarm system in Dubai, UAE belongs to a family of fire equipment, and it is used for fire protection. This system includes several components and is used for the protection and containment of fires.
The system is designed with several sensors (these are used for both smoke and fire detection), automated extinguishing agents (such as sprinkler systems and smoke detection systems). You will also find units that include roller shutter control and these units are often integrated as extensions to a fire alarm system.
The fire alarm system in Dubai, UAE is activated in the case of an emergency. After the alarm is triggered, the nearest fire department is also alarmed to ensure maximum fire containment. You will also find systems in the market that alarm the residents of the house via phone and SMS in case of an emergency.
Parts of a Fire Alarm System
Before we get to the working of an alarm system, it is essential to know about the parts. The fire alarm system in Dubai, UAE includes several different parts and components where each has a unique function. Knowing about these parts firsthand will help you understand the workings of a fire alarm system better. The following are the five primary parts that are included in every fire alarm system:
- Initiating Devices – These are the components of the alarm systems that are used to detect smoke or fire. These devices include smoke and heat detectors, water flow sensors, and pull stations.
- Indicating Appliances – These components are used to sound the alarm and alert people about the fire hazard. The indicating appliances include horns, chimes, bells, etc. Indicating appliances are designed to be loud so people are altered at once and leave the premises at the earliest. Some units also come with strobe lights to alert people with hearing aids.
- Fire Alarm Panel – This is the user interface of the fire alarm system and it is used for central monitoring. The alarm system is controlled using the fire alarm panel. This panel includes a display that shows the current state of the fire alarm system in Dubai, UAE.The panel allows the users to troubleshoot the alarm systems and reset them whenever necessary.
- Power Supplies – This is the backup power that is used to power the fire alarm system in case of a power loss. The batteries can either be integrated into the control panel or stored in a separate enclosure. These batteries will start powering the alarm system in case of a power failure and work for 24 hours.
- Auxiliary Devices – These are additional devices that could be added to the fire alarm system in Dubai, UAE to ensure maximum fire protection in any facility or commercial building. Some examples of auxiliary devices include visual LED indicators, fire doors, alarm silence switches, etc.
How is the Fire Detected?
The initiating devices within the fire alarm system detect smoke or fire. The fire control panel is connected to the initiating devices via wire circuits. These wire circuits allow the control panel to monitor the state of the initiating devices and identify whether they are in normal or alarm modes. The control panel will then show these readings on the display panel. When the fire starts, the smoke or heat will trigger the initiating devices, this will alert the fire alarm system of the fire and put it in the alarm mode.
What Happens After The Alarm is Activated?
- One, the indicating appliances will start sounding the alarm, this will notify everyone in the building about the danger.
- Second, the system will direct a call to the monitoring company alerting them about the fire as well.
A fire alarm system in Dubai, UAE is an essential part of your building. This system protects you from fire and ensures maximum fire security. Installing them in your building will be a protective measure and increase the security of your building. If you are looking for a trusted fire alarm system in Dubai, UAE,have a look at RESCO. We offer a variety of fire safety solutions to choose from and assist with installation as well. Browse our collection of the latest technology, or get in touch with our expert team to discuss your specific requirements at +971 4 2654155.